Friday, December 30, 2011

SAWCLicious: Spicy Szechuan Squid

As promised, I'm going to share another recipe that can make use of Chili Bean Sauce. I copied this recipe from my brother. I love this and always ask for him to cook it for me. I tweaked it a bit to make it simpler. The dish is a bit spicy, for those who don't eat spicy food, it will be spicy for you. It is best served with white rice.

Spicy Szechuan Squid



Ingredients
  • 2 medium onions sliced
  • 1/2 kilo squid (I bought frozen squid tubes) 
  • 1/2 pc. red bell pepper sliced 
  • 4 slices of ginger (each slice a size of your thumb)
  • 3/4 cup leeks/green onion sliced
  • 4 tbsps. of Chili Bean Sauce
  • 1 tsp. white sugar
  • 1 tsp. cornstarch diluted in 4 tbsps. of water
  • 3 tbsps. peanut oil
  • Salt & Pepper
Tip: Cut squid in rectangular shape and do a criss-cross cut on both sides of the squid. 

Procedure
  1. Heat wok, once it starts to smoke a bit, add peanut oil. Heat for a few seconds and add onions, leeks, and ginger. 
  2. Stir for a few seconds and add squid, red bell pepper, and chili bean sauce. Season with sugar, salt and pepper.
  3. Once squid is cooked, add cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
  4. Garnish with leeks (optional).
It's easy and delicious! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment