Saturday, January 14, 2012

SAWCLicious: Stir-fry Pork with Celery

When I came to Europe, I am amazed by their vegetables. They all come of the same sizes and their ideal colors. One of those are celery. It is so green, each stalk is quite wide and has the same length as my arms. So imagine my hesitation to buy one as I just eat alone most of the time.

I do eat celery but I am not a fan. I always see the importance of putting some on certain dishes to bring good aroma and make it more delicious but that's about it (at least for me). So when I bought one last time because I wanted to put some of a Chicken Macaroni Soup, I had a huge left-over of the celery. So I thought to myself, what to do with it? I remembered this dish when I would go to China so I just tried to replicate it with what I think will work best, and here you go.

Stir-Fry Pork with Celery


Ingredients
  • 5-6 stalks of celery
  • 1 tomato
  • 1 cup sliced pork
  • 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
  • a knob of ginger, sliced
  • 8-10 bird's eye chili
  • 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
  • 2 tbsp. soy sauce
  • pepper
  • 4 stalks spring onion, sliced
  • 2 tbsp. peanut oil
  • 1 tbsp. cornstarch

 Procedure


  1. Marinade pork with soy sauce before cooking.
  2. Heat wok and add oil. Wait until it is smoky hot before adding garlic and ginger.
  3. Add cornstarch to pork, mix it together, and add in wok. 
  4. Once pork is cooked, add tomato, spring onion, leeks, and chili. Mix together and add oyster sauce and pepper.
  5. Let it cook together for around 3-4 minutes.
I like the how it tasted. There was a bit sauce coming out from the tomato juice but not too much. The celery remains crunchy and tastes very well with the pork.



4 comments:

  1. Nice recipe, Cindy! Will try this soon as I also have a bunch of celery stalks sitting in the fridge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ratna! :) It's a good way to dispose those celery stalks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks very inviting! I really love the combinations of the ingredients of this recipe. I will give this a try when I'm not busy. Thank you for sharing this wonderful blog.

    Easy Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcus! You have just encouraged me to continue my blog. :)

      Delete