Tuesday, February 14, 2012

SAWCLicious: Chicken Cordon Bleu

Happy Vday to everyone! I'm sharing one of the recipes that my friend really liked when I cooked for her. This dish is so simple to make and not so fatty as well considering that I baked the cordon bleu instead of frying. 

Chicken Cordon Bleu





Ingredients

  • 2 Chicken breasts halved, pounded thinly
  • Sliced Ham
  • Mozarella cheese sliced thinly
  • Japanese Bread Crumbs 
  • Paprika
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 1 egg whisked


Procedure

1. Pound the chicken breasts until they are around 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick. Rub the chicken breast with paprika, salt, and pepper for both sides. You can also rub it with a bit butter to make it tastier.
2. Place 1 slice of ham and the sliced mozarella cheese. Roll up the chicken breast and place toothpicks at both ends to secure it.
3. Brush the outer part of the chicken with egg and coat with bread crumbs. If you want a thicker crust, you can do this procedure twice.
4. Grease a baking dish with olive oil or butter and place the chicken. Cook under 200 deg. Celsius for around 25-30 minutes. I cooked mine for 40 minutes and it was a bit dry already. 
Also, if you see that the crust is becoming too brown, cover the dish with aluminum foil.


I had some carbonara to go with my chicken cordon bleu and cream pepper sauce on the side.

2 comments: