Saturday, February 4, 2012

SAWCLicious: Shrimp & Chorizo Pasta

I'm writing a post from Lisbon! I took some vacation off this week and had planned to go to Lisbon with HT Couple and Rhea. This week was busy with work, I was in all day meetings at the client site and was working during the night. Every time I go back home, I was dead tired already. Pasta is the perfect combination for a quick dinner when such situations arise. 

I was not able to go to the grocery to buy meat and my favorite broccoli. Good things I still had some food in the pantry and freezer. Taking out different ingredients that I felt will work, I whipped something out and I show you Shrimp and Chorizo pasta! While writing this post, I tried to Google and found that this recipe exist also somewhere out there. Let me share my version here.

Shrimp and Chorizo Pasta



Ingredients

  • 1.5 cups of Fusili pasta cooked less than 1-2 minutes according to packaging instruction.
  • 4-5 pcs. of peeled Shrimp and deveined spiced with some salt & pepper
  • 1/2 piece of minced Onion
  • 2 cloves of Garlic
  • 1/2 cup of sliced Chorizo
  • 1/8 cup of White Wine
  • 1 pack 330g of Tomato Frito (you can use ordinary tomato sauce)
  • 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
  • 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 tbsp. Parsley
  • 1 tsp. Parsley (for garnishing)
  • Salt & Pepper

Procedure

  1. Heat olive oil in medium-heat pan. Add chorizo and let it cook for 4-5 minutes. 
  2. Once you see that the oil becomes reddish, add the onions. Stir occasionally. Once the onion becomes transparent, add the white wine and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
  3. Add the garlic and shrimp. Wait until the shrimp is cooked, then add the tomato sauce, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir for around 2-3 minutes and add the pasta into the pan. Allow the pasta to absorb the sauce. Add 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment