Tuesday, April 3, 2012

SAWCLicious Recipes: Chorizo Iberico with Chicken in Tomato Sauce

The day before I left for San Francisco, Daday invited me to have breakfast at her place. After having breakfast, she decided to come over my place to help me pack my things. We ended up together with the 2 lovely Chris for a late lunch. 

It was a lovely weather, sunny, warm, and dry! With great company, I have prepared very simple dishes for lunch which they have enjoyed in my patio. 

Note: Thanks to my wonderful friend Daday who also cut my hair way shorter! Hooray for saving 30 euros!

Sharing one of the dishes that I cooked for lunch.

Chorizo Iberico with Chicken Breast in Tomato Sauce




Ingredients
  • 8-10 diagonal slices of chorizo Iberico around 1/4 or 1/2 inch in thickness
  • 4 pcs chicken breast sliced into cubes
  • 1 big white onion sliced
  • 4 cloves of garlic sliced
  • 1 cup of tomato sauce
  • 2 tbsp. of tomato paste
  • salt & pepper
  • 2 tsp. white sugar
  • Fresh Italian parsley for garnishing
  • 3 tbsp. of olive oil

Procedure
  1. In a pot, heat olive oil and place the chorizo Iberico in low-medium heat. Cook each side for 3-4 minutes. You will notice that the oil will turn reddish and that it gets more fragrant as you cook it longer.
  2. Add the onion, garlic, and tomato paste. Saute until onion is soft and add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to make sure that the chicken is covered with the fragrant oil.
  3. Once chicken is half-cooked, add the tomato sauce and sugar.
  4. Cover the pot and let it simmer in low-heat for 30-40 minutes stirring occassionally. 
  5. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Here are my friends enjoying lunch. I served some garlic spinach, chicken with chorizo iberico, and Mussels & shrimps in coconut milk. There is no simple reason for this combination except that these are the only things I have in my fridge & pantry that I can serve as it was an unplanned lunch.

1 comment: