Thursday, September 15, 2011

Night at Paris

Last August 15 was a holiday in Belgium (and in most parts of Europe) to celebrate the Assumption of Mary. My friend has invited me to come with them to Paris and this marked my 3rd visit. I'm not a fan of Paris. I might probably be the only girl who felt that it was too overrated. Dirty streets, rowdy crowd, freaky subway, and attractions packed with tourists from all over the world, how can one enjoy a supposedly romantic place?



This night though had simply changed my perception of Paris. After visiting Versailles during the day, another couple friend and I went to the Eiffel Tower to take some night shots. This time, I did not forget to bring the tripod that they gave me for my bday gift (THANK YOU!). Eiffel at night is really a beauty. We stopped by Trocadero station where you instantly see Eiffel without having to walk far. Best spot for picture is beside the store at each corner selling some snacks. The lighting is perfect there... That's an advise from someone who has visited Eiffel for the 3rd time...

After some click click click, we headed to Louvre Museum. Louvre is simply amazing at night! I was awed by its beauty. The lights emphasizes the exterior architecture of the museum. I remember the last time i went there, there was a lot of people lining up to enter the museum. In the evening though, without the crowd, you can simply sit and admire the beauty of one which used to be a fortress.

Now, I can imagine having a special someone someday walking around Louvre on one cold evening. It is indeed romantic...

No comments:

Post a Comment