Monday, October 10, 2011

Manila PH: Moooo @ Mamou

I love to eat. I got it from a family who loves to eat and cook. So I figured, why not incorporate all my food adventures into this blog as well? I decided my 1st food blog will be allotted to one of my favorite steak restaurants.




Mamou (A Home Kitchen), a steakhouse in Manila, started in Serendra a couple of years back. It serves one of the best steaks in town. I don't know when, but I recently discovered that they also opened a branch in Rockwell. My friend and I took our brunch at Mamou in their Rockwell branch the weekend after the Pedring Typhoon.

People often ask me, don't you get tired of eating steaks in Europe? I can only say that in Europe, grilled steak is a staple but steaks from Asia are more tender, juicy, tasty and delicious.

For starters, we ordered soft-shell crab salad. The soft-shell crabs are deep fried in beer batter and served with greens topped with anchovy vinaigrette dressing. The salad was tasty especially with the soft-shell crab. The serving size is good for 2-3 persons. They also served soft bread with butter which I failed to take a picture of.



For the main course, I ordered a single serving of Angus US Ribeye USDA Prime Grade Steak together with creamed spinach and red steak rice as my sidings. And yes, this is for brunch! The picture didn't do justice to the steak as I took it from my iPhone. The steak cooked perfectly and served in a hot plate. It is lying in beef fat. My red steak rice is delish... The red rice are very tasty and it has some salty steak bits that blends wells with the rice. The creamed spinach is also good. It is not too creamy as I had imagined but it complements the steak. Try pouring some of the beef fat into the creamed spinach. I know... sinful but you will not regret it...


My friend ordered the Lamp Tapa with scrambled duck eggs. The waiter kept on insisting that we should get the scrambled duck eggs. It was more tasty and creamy than chicken eggs and she was very satisfied. I didn't notice the truffle flavored oil when I tasted the scrambled eggs. The lamb tapa is also very tender and juicy. The tapa and eggs were served with red garlic rice.


My other friend ordered BBC - beer battered chicken. I forgot to take a picture again of this dish. It was nothing special and the serving was too small for one person. So my friend does not recommend it.

For dessert, we got key lime pie. Very light and refreshing. Perfect for the after-steak brunch. Overall, still the best steak place in town. You should try it, in case you are in Manila.


Around Php 500 per person if you are not ordering steak.

Soft-Shell Crab Salad  PHP 400 EUR 6.7
Angus US Ribeye USDA Prime Grade Steak Single (400gms) PHP 1680 EUR 28
Lamb Tapa PHP 395 EUR 6.6
BBC - Beer Battered Chicken PHP 345 EUR 5.75
Key Lime Pie Php around PHP 145 EUR 2.4

Visit their site for the full menu & price. Mamou Facebook Page


No comments:

Post a Comment