Tuesday, March 13, 2012

SAWCLicious: Pan-seared Scallops & Shrimps

I was on the grocery last Friday to buy some meat in preparation for dinner with friends today, when I saw some fresh-looking scallops on promo! I quickly took them as it was the last set. So, how do I cook with them? I was thinking of either pasta or scallop gratin. I ended up with searing them in pan instead. Yes, even if I love food and cooking, I still prefer simple recipes that I can prepare in 5 minutes and cook in 10 (perfect on a work from home day).  This is one of those recipes. I think it's good to serve it as an appetizer or main. I had it as a main meal for lunch. 

Pan-seared Scallops & Shrimps



 Ingredients
  • 5 pcs. scallops
  • Shrimps
  • 1 clove of garlic sliced
  • Some arugula leaves
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • Salt & Pepper

Procedure
  1. Season shrimps and scallops with salt and pepper.
  2. In a pan, heat olive oil and butter. Add the garlic and saute until it turns light brown. 
  3. Place the scallops and shrimps and let it cook. Turn the scallops once 3/4 of the scallop's height turns opaque. Turn the shrimps once the side turns pink.
  4. In a plate, place some arugula leaves in the middle. Put the shrimps on top and pour some of the oil drippings on top of the shrimps to let the salad have some taste. Place the scallops and pour some of the oil drippings.

No comments:

Post a Comment