Wednesday, May 9, 2012

SAWCLicious: Spicy Basil Chicken

Chicken thigh fillet is not common to see at the groceries here in Brussels. I am only able to find these at the Stockel Market every weekend.  So when I got to buy a kilo of these thigh fillet, I quickly browsed through recipes that I can cook. I found a Thai recipe and thought I can try it out! t was not only very easy to cook but also delicious on top of a freshly cooked white rice.

Spicy Basil Chicken


Ingredients

  • 4 pcs. boneless chicken thigh fillet cut into cubes
  • 2 tbsp. peanut oil
  • 2 pcs. shallots minced
  • 2 cloves of garlic minced
  • 1 tbsp. fish sauce
  • 2 tbsp. soy sauce
  • 2 tsp. sugar
  • 1 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
  • 2 tbsp. water
  • 1 tsp. cornstarch
  • 8-10 basil leaves
  • Salt and Pepper
Procedure
  1. In a wok, heat oil and sauce shallots and garlic. Cook until shallots becomes translucent and add chicken and fish sauce. 
  2. Combine fish sauce, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, sugar, basil leaves, water, and cornstarch in a bowl. Mix together and add to the wok once chicken is cooked. Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
  3. Serve with hot rice!


No comments:

Post a Comment