Monday, January 7, 2013

The New Year Feast

Still has hangover on our new year celebration... simply because I am longing for more vacation!!! 

The traditional new year celebration in our family is feasting over food and watching fireworks when midnight strikes. This year, we had a Spanish themed celebration. Good thing I still remembered to take some pictures after feasting over the food. I almost forgot to take then pictures!


Appetizers included salad with cheese, cherry tomatoes, and olives. I bakes some portobello mushrooms with chorizo and semi-cured manchego cheese. Of course, a wide selection of tapas from serrano ham with cantaloupe and honey dew and blood cured chorizo iberico perfect for our Spanish red wine and Sangria. My aunt brought her famous turon as dessert. The only dessert I was able to take a picture of.

Our main dish includes my aunt's delicious paella. The picture didn't do justice all because I was only able to take a picture of the left-over. I also forgot to take a picture of the lengua! We had gambas and a whole lechon! Yes, we had bbq and not really Spanish in nature. But my brother has the best bbq I've ever tasted. Last, my brother and I invented a new dish with Crab and Chorizo. Really delicious as well!

Here's the Christmas Tree that I made. Looks nice right?

No comments:

Post a Comment