Monday, December 10, 2012

SAWCLicious Recipes: Grilled Chicken with Mashed Potato in Corn and Mushroom Cream Sauce

Today is a pampering work day. I took a vacation to destress myself after having to work very long hours for the past few weeks. Body massage - check! Hand nails polished - check! Foot spa and pedicure - check! Dinner with friends - check! and last, a blog post to end my night. 

This time sharing a very simple meal that I cooked which my colleagues really like.  I grilled chicken thighs through a pan with Corn and Mushrooms cream sauce I made. I also made mashed potatoes on the side and used the same sauce. 

Grilled Chicken with Mashed Potato in Corn & Mushroom Cream Sauce

I used an old recipe to make my mashed potato (http://ithinkicamefrommars.blogspot.com/2012/03/sawclicious-secrets-to-good-mashed.html).


For the grilled chicken, I simply bought boneless chicken thighs. Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper before grilling. I used a grill pan this time and sprayed some olive oil before starting to grill. Grill each side for about 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillet. 

Ingredients for the Mushroom & Corn Cream Sauce
  • 1 tsp finely minced garlic
  • 1 medium white onion minced
  • 6-8 fresh white bottom mushroom (crushed using a hand blender)
  • 1/4 cup cooked corn kernels (you can use the canned ones if you don't have any newly cooked corn)
  • 1.5 cups of cream
  • 1-2 cups chicken stock
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Olive oil
Procedure
  1. Drain the oil from the grill pan to a new pan. Add a few more tablespoon of olive oil and heat the pan.
  2. Saute garlic and onion. Add the mushroom and corn to the pan once the onion turns a bit transparent.
  3. Cook for 2 minutes and add the chicken stock and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Turn the heat to low and let it simmer. Keep on stirring until the sauce thickens.
Note: I always add a tsp. of white sugar when I make the sauce. It makes the sauce tastier.




2 comments:

  1. nice, ang ganda ng presentation! Ikaw na Cindz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uy, super thanks! :) naweiweirduhan na si mama, i keep on buying plates na 1pc... for pics. More cooking adventures hopefully for 2013. :)

      Delete