Friday, December 21, 2012

SAWCLicious: Stir-Fried Asparagus with Chicken

It's going to be Christmas in 4 days! Unfortunately, I don't even feel it as I've been busy with a lot of work that I forgot vacation is starting tomorrow.

While the holiday eating season has not kicked in yet, I'm still into healthy cooking and healthy eating. Recently, I've tried an Asian recipe with my favorite vegetable - ASPARAGUS! Easy to cook and served well with white rice.


Stir-Fried Asparagus with Chicken

 Ingredients

  • 2 cups of sliced asparagus
  • 2 pcs. boneless chicken breast sliced thinly
  • 3 cloves of minced garlic
  • 2 tbsp. cornstarch
  • 1/4 cup of Shao Xing wine
  • 2 pcs. stem of leek (only the green part), sliced diagonally
  • 4 tbsp. peanut oil/ corn oil
  • a slice of ginger (without the skin)
  • salt and pepper

 Procedure

  1. In a bowl, combine chicken, cornstarch, salt (1 tsp.), and shao xing wine. Marinade for at least 30 minutes. 
  2. Heat a wok and add 2 tbsp. of oil. Add the ginger and let it cook for 1 minute. Remove the ginger and stir-fry chicken until it is almost cooked but still a little bit pinkish.  Remove the chicken from the wok.
  3. Clean the wok with a paper towel, no need to wash the wok. Then heat it again with the rest of the oil. Saute the garlic and add the asparagus and leeks. Cook for 1-2 minutes and add the chicken back to the wok. 
  4. Season with salt and pepper and serve with hot steamed white rice!

Tip: Do you see how Chinese Chefs cook using wok? They would wait until the wok is flaming hot before adding oil. Then once they add more ingredients, they would keep on turning the wok to make sure that what they are cooking doesn't get burned. This also keeps vegetables crispy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I think this is a very delicious recipe based on the images that you've put on your blog! I will recommend this to my wife to cook this dish so that I can eat a lot on our dinner.

    Stir Fried Chicken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a wonderful comment. Do let me know how the recipe turns out. :)

      Delete