Sunday, March 11, 2012

SAWCLicious: No-Bake Cake with Graham

Mango-Graham is a no bake cake considered as typical home-made dessert in Manila. It's very easy to make and simply delicious. During the recent weeks, this has become a fad in my apartment simply because my friends and I started craving for it. First time I made it (picture below), I used speculoos biscuits, canned mangoes (bought from the Asian Store), and strawberries. I find speculoos too sweet but still very nice. Last weekend, I came across an American Store in Antwerp and was able to buy graham crackers! I quickly made my second attempt when I reached home and shared it to my colleagues yesterday. They all seem to like it, at least that's what they told me. Try it and let me know!

Mango/Strawberry Graham No-Bake Cake



 Ingredients
  • 350grams of graham crackers or speculoos
  • 125ml sweetened condensed milk
  • slices mangoes or sliced strawberries
  • 400ml or 400grams of fresh cream
  • Shaved chocolate for garnishing
Procedure
  1. Crush the graham crackers and set aside.
  2. Whip cream until soft peaks and mix condensed milk slowly.
  3. Cover the bottom of a baking dish with the crackers. Top the surface with sliced fruits. Then, generously spread the cream mixture to completely cover the crackers. 
  4. Repeat laying crakers, fruits and spreading cream mixture until you have around 3-4 layers.
  5. Once you have create 3-4 layers, spread crushed or whole crackers as the top.
  6. Cover the baking dish with plastic film and freeze the cake. 
  7. To serve, place a cake in a plate topped with shaved dark chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment